Monday, January 10, 2011

Lost in the Shuffle

So, I managed to lose/misplace the pictures of the ciabatta bread I made on Saturday.

I FOUND A PICTURE!


I guess my description of it will have to do.

The dough was quite soft and moist when I took it out of the fridge. I shaped it using flour to keep it from sticking and then I proofed it for 2 hours, before baking. I was quite dissapointed with the rise (Or lack of rise). The dough seemed really flat (Perhaps an inch - more like a foccacia, which also can be made with this same dough). The crumb (the inside) was really dense, but the flavour was great.

Something else that has been lost in the shuffle of my life are parsnips!

I am sure I have had a parsnip in my life at some point or another (Perhaps it was mashed into something and I was unaware), but I don't remember willfully putting one it my mouth. So I decided to remedy this situation. I picked up a little bag at the store and I am GLAD I did! They are so good! It's like a carrot but with a different kind of sweetness and a slight peppery flavour.

Here is a pic of a supper I made a few nights ago.


I was also excited to use my new tool (a Christmas present) a melon-baller. I found a recipe a few months ago for Potato Bells. You basically ball some potato's boil them and then fry them in butter and garlic. I used sweet potato's instead of the russets sitting on my floor. On top is some left over Curried Meatloaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment