Thursday, January 6, 2011

French Bread

3 Days ago - I decided to mix up some French bread dough from my new Peter Rienhart book.

I found a sample of his book online HERE, which will give you the recipe and the rest of process.

To make this loaf I used 2/3rds of the dough - the other 3rd became pizza last night.


In the red bowl in I have started the next bread in the book - Pain a l'Accienne Rustic Bread. I will post pics once it's been baked - probably in 2 or 3 days!


The Bread turned out good, minus the seam that kind of popped open during baking (Which through the magic of photography is not seen). I was shocked (for some odd reason) at how much the bread actually tasted like French bread. The flavour was awesome!

I should also point out that the dough sat in my fridge for 3 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment