Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Just when I thought I was done with Turkey... Noodle Soup

The other day I picked up a young (7 pound) turkey - for some reason or another it was cheaper then a 3 pound chicken - who knows why!? Once home I carved up the turkey so I was left with only a carcass.

I marinaded the turkey breasts in a satay sauce (Recipe here, but doubled). and roasted them in a 350 degree oven till they reached an internal temperature of 180. It took about an hour to an hour and half. I then sliced up the breasts and the meat has been going on sandwiches ever since!

The Legs I also roasted (in the same oven - different pan), with a bit of salt, pepper and oil. Once done I shredded the meat and put in the fridge for the next day.

The carcass - accompanied by some carrots, celery, onion, bay leaves, S&P, and thyme went into a pot and made a pretty good stock.

The following day I took the stock, heated it up and added the shredded chicken, some celery, carrots and egg noodles. To finish I used salt, pepper, thyme and some fresh rosemary chopped up. It was so good - very reminiscent of my Dad's homemade chicken noodle soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment