Sunday, January 16, 2011

100th Post

It seems just like yesterday I was writing my first post. How time fly's.

This blog was initially going to be a way of keeping myself creative. I would do something and blog about it. Slowly but surely it became focused on food, and now more recently bread. I do have dreams to blog about my big garden that I have been planning and growing in my head - but that may have to wait a year or 2 till my life gets more settled. So stay tuned (Darren, Jen, Mom and everyone else who's reading!)

Meanwhile.

This is the sourdough waiting for the oven.



The sourdough bread to the left was made with yeast, where as the bread on the right was not. There was quite a difference in size between the 2. The bread with the yeast turned out great - it looked so nice, it has a good crust and crumb (The inside of the bread) and tasted great. The natural sourdough however, didn't really rise, didn't taste good, didn't cook all the way through and found its way into the garbage. Perhaps the initial starter was flawed, or perhaps my approach was - perhaps another try in the future.


The inside of the good bread.


I picked up some more bread flour today (unbleached and multi-grain), so I could finish the rest of my pizza dough (One with unbleached bread flour and the other with - you guessed it! Multi-grain). I ended up breaking both doughs down into 10 individual pieces and froze them for another day.

Tonight for supper I was going to make 2 bigger pizza's, but after doing a little research - I found out that in a normal kitchen oven, smaller pizza's cook better then bigger ones. So I made 5 individual pizza's (about 10 inches round). It took longer, but I was in no way disappointed with the results. In fact, this was the best pizza I have ever made!




After 2 minutes in the oven.
The temperature in the oven was set to 550 - as high as my oven goes.
The Pizza's cooked in about 5 to 6 minutes.


1. Buffalo Chicken
I mixed some Franks buffalo hot sauce with a little ranch and topped with some shaved deli chicken and mozzarella cheese.


2. Salami
Just pizza sauce and salami


3. Buffalo Chicken


4. Salami


5. Buffalo Chicken

p.s I once again have room in my fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment