Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Taste Asia

For the next week - 7 days, my kitchen is going Asian (well for one meal a day anyways, but I am sure there will be left overs).

I got myself a Martin Yan cookbook from the library this week and I have been quite taken by some of his ideas/recipes. Tonight I am going to make a Satay Chicken with a garlicky peanut noodle - in my mind, its kind of a take on Pad Thai - but we shall see.

Sorry no pic - I would have had to work on my plating!

Satay Chicken Marinade:

2 T Soy Sauce
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Curry Powder
1 T Brown Sugar
1 T Veg Oil
1/2 tsp Cumin
1/4 tsp Chinese Five Spice

1 pound chicken (Breasts, thighs or tenders)
Let sit for 10 minutes and cook - I BBQ'd them - but do what you must.

Garlicky Peanut Noodles:

1/4 c. rice wine vinegar
2 T Lemon Juice
2 T Soy Sauce
1/3 c. Peanut butter
1 T Chili Garlic Sauce
2 T Brown Sugar
2 Minced Garlic Cloves

16 oz Chinese Egg Noodles - I used thick rice noodles.

Top with the chicken and some green onions, Cilantro and chopped peanuts.

It was most splendid - though it would have been better if I had enough peanut butter - I was a little shy and subbed in a wee bit of Tahini.

No comments:

Post a Comment