Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Curry Burgers and an Avocado Seed

If you have been wondering what ever happened to my avocado seed - the answer is nothing. I kept it in the water for over a month and half and the seed basically split in half and produced no root or sprout. So today I have started my 3rd attempt - and hopefully it will work - though this time I am going to keep it inside on the window ledge that only gets indirect sun light.


A while back I came across an idea for Curry Meatloaf - and since then I have played with this idea and have made it my own. It started with meatloaf, moved to burgers and has even found its way into a smoked deer sausage (which if I do say so myself was exceptional). Here's the recipe try it - I also have a hunch it would work with any ground meat (turkey, lamb, etc.)

a pound of ground beef (or whatever)
3/4 c. oats
1 egg
1/2 c. Salsa
1/3 c. dried cranberries
2 Tb. Curry Powder
1 tsp Cin
1/2 tsp Salt

and just a new idea - perhaps a few pine nuts!

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment