Thursday, October 21, 2010

New Toy (Dutch Oven)

This morning I found myself wandering around Costco, while waiting for for my new tires to be installed. When I got to the kitchen section (my favourite), I noticed that the Kirkland Dutch Oven was only 45 dollars (As opposed to 65). I walked over to it to investigate a little more closely - I had looked at it in the past, but could always justify not buying it;
1. We would have to haul it back to S'toon in spring (in our small car).
2. I have a soup pot and a baking dish that works as a roaster.
3. We don't really have the money, cause we just bought 4 tires.

But this time I bought it - what had changed?

My soup pot that I bought 6 months ago chipped on the inside in 2 places. It was A Pastel Coloured Tivoli bought from winners (and still to this day they can be found at every winners in a variety of shapes and colours). Upon a little investigation, I found out that this is not a rare occurrence. So don't buy them! The really unfortunate thing is, I only needed the pots to last me a year!

Oh well - now I have a new toy, which I am quite fond of (soup pot and roaster).


I bought a nice big chicken this afternoon, and after cleaning it up and freezing parts for another day, I decided to make some stock for a soup tomorrow.

Today's Chicken Stock:

1 chicken carcass
3 carrots chopped
celery seed
thyme
half an Onion
a few bay leaves
Top off with water and simmer for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment