Thursday, October 7, 2010

Avocado UPDATE


A few weeks ago, I planted my avocado seed in a soil filled pot. I would have left it dangling above the water, in its cup a little longer but I was afraid the seed would split and leave me with nothing (I wasn't having any of that after so much patience and tending). Once in the pot, the shoot popped through the top and is now growing at turtle speed (Slow and steady).

You can also see one of my lemon tree's in the background. They also grow quite slowly. The tree that isn't seen has developed another set of leaves and is a bit bigger.

4 comments:

  1. Hey what you need is one of those grow-lights, or a florescent bulb! I think the avocado looks very cool. I assume that you'll be posting a pumpkin recipe soon? jjd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am green with envy! i have wanted to grow an avocado for a long while now, what is the secret travis? i was just talking to my lemon tree tonight saying how proud i am of it, and how i hope it gives me just one bud some day! miss you, the herbs are still kicking it, although the basil is looking a little scarce these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The secret John, is patience - oh and water - water is good!
    Those herbs have had a good life. There almost a year and half old.

    ReplyDelete