Saturday, October 23, 2010

Left Overs

It was left overs for supper tonight.


Which included:

Chicken Tika Marsala:

Instead of writing the whole recipe out - Here's the link - The recipe is courtesy of Jamie Oliver. I borrowed one of his cookbooks from the neighbor upstairs and this is exactly it - the one on his website isn't quite the same and not as easy to follow.


Curried Yellow Pepper Soup: Place ingredients into a pot in this order - when done puree.

1. Saute till caramelized (5 min).
1 c chopped onion
Oil

2. Saute till hot (5 min).
1 c chopped apple
1 c chopped carrot

3. Time for spice (5 min).
3 yellow, orange or red peppers (you could try roasting them too).
1 T grated ginger
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/2 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp cayenne (more if you like it spicy)

4. Liquid (cook everything till your content or about 30 minutes on low)
4 c veg or chicken broth
1 can coconut milk

5. Finish
1 T Lime Juice
Salt

This is one of my new favourite soups and though I think it more of a summer soup, it would work to take a chill out of your bones. Our friend Shez made it for us a few months ago, and I couldn't leave that night without writing out the recipe. SO GOOD, even better the second day.

I also made a focaccia:

1 c of lukewarm water
2 tsp yeast
1 tsp honey

2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt

Let the yeast mix sit for 5 minutes. Then mix everything together and begin to knead. You will need to add about another cup of flour, but do it progressively. Knead for about 5 to 8 minutes. Once done let rise for about an hour and bake at 450 till cooked through.

I baked my loaf in my new dutch over. Apparently you can cook some pretty cool looking breads in it. Here's one (click here) I am going to try next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment