Monday, October 4, 2010

Cardamom Coffee Shortbread


I was in the mood for some shortbread cookies today - this is funny cause I am not to big of a fan of shortbread. While perusing recipes, I came across a recipe for coffee flavoured shortbread and I jumped on board. I ended up using a basic shortbread recipe and adding my own ideas (being Cardamom - because it's Coffee's best friends).

2 1/2 c Flour
1/2 c Brown Sugar
1/4 c Sugar
1 c Butter
1/2 tsp ground coffee
2 T liquid coffee
(Most recipes call for 2 T of instant espresso powder - instead of what I added).
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp ground cardamom

The topping is just an icing sugar glaze and melted chocolate.

Bake 300 for 20 min.

They turned out really good. I could of baked them longer for a more original shortbread dissolve in the mouth texture, but I am liking them a little softer. I would make these again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment