Friday, October 1, 2010

Chili Cheese Fries


Chili:

6 slices of bacon - chopped and fried
1/2 onion julienned
3 cloves garlic
1 pound ground beef
1 red/orange/yellow pepper
mushrooms
1 can chickpeas
1 can kidney beans (today I used pinto beans)
1 can of whole tomato's
3 heaping Tb of Chili Powder
1 Tb of cumin
S & P

Simmer for a few hours and it should be ready to go.

Fries:
I have struggled in the past with not being able to make a crispy fry from a potato - but lately I have figured out a system that works for me - perhaps it would work for you too.
First - I bake the potato - till soft.
Second - I cut wedge fries (I like mine a little on the thinner)
Third - I bake them (after coating with oil) at 400 till they come out crispy and brown. I don't know an exact time but be patient (about 30 minutes give or take).

No comments:

Post a Comment