Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Kale Chips

The first time I saw Kale Chips was at winners - in the "sketchy" food/oil/vinegar/candy/tea and coffee section. I was initially quite put off by the idea (how could they be good). So the other day I was surprise when I saw Giada (On the food network), making the same chips. When I saw how easy they were, I had to try them.


So, they look gross, though they don't taste that way. I imagine that not everyone would like them, but for Teegan and I, who can't get enough chips - they are a good substitute. Here's what I did.
1. Wash and cut (into approx chip size) a bunch of kale - discard the stems. 
2. Throw all your chips/leaves into a bowl and cover with a few glugs of oil/a few splashes of balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper. 
3. Lay out leaves/chips onto a baking sheet - you may need 2 - just as long as they are not overlapping each other.
4. Bake at 350 for 10 to 20 minutes. Keep an eye on them - and flip them as you see fit. You'll know when they are done. 

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment