Monday, September 6, 2010

Wheat Free, Sugar Free, Gluten Free Apple Crisp


So after my last blog post, I started to crave something sweet. After some thinking, I came up with (a staple in my house) apple crisp. So I started to freestyle in the kitchen and this is what I came up with. I should say that these measurements are my approximate guesses, so nothing is set in stone

Topping:
1/2 cup Almonds - blitzed in a food pro till it won't breakdown any further (a few minutes)
1/2 cup Cranberries - blitzed in the same food pro with the almonds (until you can't hear them anymore).
1/2 cup of Brown Rice Flour - add to food pro
1/3 cup Flax - add to food pro
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup or there about of butter - blitz all till crumble forms (you don't want it too wet or dry).

Filling:
4 cups Apples (I steamed them a bit beforehand a splash of water and vanilla - till aldente)

Bake:
I baked it for 30 minutes at 350. That's when my topping started to go a little to brown

Outcome:
It turned out good - the topping was a little loose and dry, but the apples seemed to balance it out. I would make this again - perhaps next time with walnuts, maybe even hazelnuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment