Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Watermelon


I have always LOVED watermelon and though I know it's not good to gorge on anything - I sometimes just can't help myself. While visiting Halifax, I found a ***WEBSITE - CLICK HERE*** that explores the nutritional facts and benefits of Watermelon. To say the least I was overjoyed.

Here are my tips/theories to picking the best watermelon:
1. The knocking is good - It should have a good clean sound, and if it's muffled, put it back cause it's gone on sitting a little to long.
2. It's all about the colour - The Yellow on the bottom is not to be feared - it's just where the watermelon was sitting in the dirt. If it has a lot of yellow it was deeper in the dirt and wasn't getting enough sun, If it only has a little bit of yellow it was sitting on top of the ground and perhaps getting to much sun. SO - look for a watermelon with a medium yellow size spot. (I realize that this is possibly crazy - but I can't remember the last time I picked a bad watermelon - so I will continue!).

No comments:

Post a Comment