Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Knead - Not, Coconut Chocolate Bread 2 (Baked on a Stone).


After first rise - in a bowl.


After second rise - ready for the oven.


The finished product


Melted chocolate on the bottom of the bread.

I told you in my last attempt to make this bread that I would try it again on a stone. The bread turned out just as good in my opinion, though slightly different.
I got a better rise out of this bread then the last - but I doubt that had anything to do with the stone.
I used bigger chunks of chocolate, which I didn't like as much - I should have cut them smaller.
I also used sweetened coconut, last time I used unsweetened - which was better.

I baked it on the stone for about 30 minutes (Less then the dutch oven) until it reached an internal temp of 200. If you want the recipe, scroll down a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment