Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bagel's!

Yesterday, for some reason or another I had the urge to make bagels. So I went to my Peter Reinhart book and proceeded to peruse his recipe. After reading the recipe and his variations I couldn't decide whether I wanted to make a plain old bagel or a cranberry cinnamon bagel. The only logical option was to make 2 batches (Which is only a dozen).

I have found a blog with the whole recipe in detail (Here).


Waiting for a bath.


In the bath (3 liters of water, 1 T baking soda, 1 tsp salt, 1 table cane sugar)


Out of the oven.


I enjoyed this process, more then I thought I would - it was very rewarding, as was my sandwich (Garlic Mayo, mustard, smoked meat, lettuce).

p.s. I did not use Malt barley syrup - honey or sugar would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment