Sunday, August 8, 2010

A Weeks Worth (recap)

Teegan and I took a trip down to Kitchener/Waterloo to see our friends David/Alexis and little Liam. We had a great time - we ate, we drank and were completely enthralled with little Liam. David keeping true to my week of making Asian food made us a great rice bowl with a sauce. I don't know exactly what to call this sauce - but it's great!

1 Garlic Clove - minced
2 - 3 Chili Peppers - seeded and minced (or use a chili hot sauce to your hearts content)
2/3 C. Water
1/4 C. Fish Sauce
1/4 C. Sugar
2 Tb. Lime Juice
2 Tb. Shredded Carrots

The longer this sits the better it will be. Keep it in the fridge for up to a month.

To recap my week:

Saturday - Satay Chicken with Garlic Peanut Noodles - My favourite of the week.
Sunday - Grilled Salmon Sushi Rice Bowl - Good, but the rice was to sweet and had to much vinegar.
Monday - Freestyle Spinach Salad - Good, but forgettable.
Tuesday - Meatballs and Rice - Good but lacking Asian flavour.
Wednesday - Asian Ribs - GREAT flavour but the ribs were super tough (recipe not posted).
Thursday - Red Coconut Chicken Curry - Good - though the flavour/spice needed a little tinkering.
Friday - Dave's Rice bowl - Good, though I would have preferred rice noodles (but that's me!).

So I will say that it was a successful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment