Saturday, July 24, 2010

Granola

Granola:

Mix
4c. Oats
1/2c. Wheat Germ
1/2c. Ground Flax Seed
1/2c. Wheat Bran
1/2c. Sunflower Seeds
1/2c. Almond Slivers
1/2c. Chopped Walnuts
1c. Dried fruit (I used a combo of apricot and cranberries)
1 tsp salt

Simmer over Medium high heat until smooth
1/2c. veg/canola oil
1/2c. Honey
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Nutmeg

Mix dry and wet together then bake on a baking sheet for 30 - 40 minutes - mixing it up every 10 minutes or so.

This is the first recipe I've tried from my new "chef at home" cookbook - hopefully it's a winner - I will know tomorrow after breakfast. Next time I am thinking of Ginger and Cardamom.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Travis apparently I can post as Anonymous (sheesh!). I'd just like to say that cardamom IS pretty killer as spices go. I experimented with granola (probably about 10 years ago) but was never very successful. I always over-browned it.
    J-bird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think overall the Granola was a success. I would have liked it to be a bit sweeter and a bit stronger in cinnamon flavour, perhaps next time. That being said, Teegan thought it was good, so I think she'll be eating most of it.

    ReplyDelete