Sunday, July 25, 2010

Figs

As a child (and as far as I know an adult) I have never been to fond of the flavour of fig. So when I was given a cupcake last summer that was fig flavoured with a goats cheese frosting I was sceptical but open minded. I was shocked at how good it was (fig included). I thought perhaps my pallet had changed but after I bought a wheel of dried figs I was aware that, that was not the case. I soon discovered it was the flavour of fresh figs that I was missing and wanting.

So the other day when I came across a tray of fresh figs, I snapped them up. Now I have the task of using them before they go bad. Here are a few of my ideas.


Fig tart, fig crumble, and my personal favourite fig pizza with goats cheese and a base of reduced balsamic vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil. I know what I want it to taste like, but it may be a different story trying to produce it.

2 comments:

  1. So the Fig/Goat Cheese pizza looked kind of unappetizing, but it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok regarding figs and goat's cheese. Apparently (I was searching for salads to make because I can't seem to come up with a grocery shopping list this week)old McNalley has your pizza in a salad version. Perhaps next time around?

    ReplyDelete