Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Library


About a month ago, I walked by the local library, while getting to know my new city.
I went in, thinking that I could check out the local paper for employment ads. Unsuccessful in finding anything I walked around the library and noticed a DVD section. Not only did it have the old library classics but it had fairly new releases. I very happily stood in a line and managed to procure a library card and since have been renting a number movies per week.
After the initial infatuation with free DVD rentals wore off, I dove a little further into the library's world of books and discovered a big section of cookbooks.
So far I have ventured into the worlds of:
Jamie Oliver - "Jamie and Home" - which was quite pleasent and simple.
Bobby Flay "Mesa Grill" - which he wrote before the world of TV/Iron Chef. There is one recipe in particular which I am desperate to make, if I could only find some tapioca pearls in this city (perhaps a trip to the bulk barn will turn some up). It's looks so good that intend to blog about it when I make it.
I guess I should take a walk to return my most recent movie due back today - lets hope the rain stay away for an hour!

No comments:

Post a Comment