Monday, June 7, 2010

Creole Seasoning


I made this for the first time while living in Regina, to season my Gumbo. The Gumbo was a huge success (and to this day is among the top dishes I have ever made), though I think I owe all the credit to this mix.

2 Tb Onion Powder
2 Tb Garlic Powder
2 Tb Oregano
2 Tb Basil
1 Tb Thyme
1 Tb Black Pepper
1 Tb Cayenne Pepper
5 Tb Paprika
3 Tb Salt

After the Gumbo, this mix sat on my shelf until I mustered the courage to play with it again. I mixed a few spoons of it in with some mayo and put it on a burger - Fantastic! Later it became a fry dipping sauce (I am especially fond of what it does to my sweet potato fries).

Give it a go!

p.s. The pic is bad because I took it with my computer. Tragedy struck our digital last week - to learn more check out Teegan's blog

No comments:

Post a Comment