Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peach's

Out here in Ontario (and I am sure everywhere else in the country) peaches are in season, which ultimately means they are cheap! So today, after a few days of putting it off I have decided to make a peach pie. It's my first attempt, so I am hoping all goes well.

I am quite taken by the look of rustic pies - so I attempted to leave the edges long and fold them inwards. It didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned but I am still quite content with the appearance. I should also mention that my house smells amazing!

Here's what I did:

Crust:
2 1/2 c Flour
2 Tb Sugar
1 c Butter (frozen)
15 Tb Ice Water
1 tsp Salt

Blitz in a food pro - then roll out into a ball (don't knead to much) then separate into 2 balls - one of which should be smaller for the top. Roll the dough out into circles (dusting flour every so often helps with the sticking) - The bigger being the bottom and the smaller the top.

Filling:
8 Peaches - sliced
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 1/2 T flour

Mix all together then place in the pie crust.

It's that simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment