Saturday, June 19, 2010

Pizza!

For those of you who don't know, I am quite fond of Pizza. Ever since my brother and sister in law gave me a pizza stone for Christmas (2008) I have been tinkering with recipes almost on a weekly basis (I will admit the pizza stone is seldom used).


My dough recipe came from the same box as the pizza stone - it's pretty good. I have altered it a bit though - here is the basic recipe with my additions in brackets.

1 Cup warm water
dump in 1/2 tsp sugar and 2 1/2 tsp of yeast (I use traditional).
Let this sit for 5 minutes till it bubbles.
Meanwhile mix together
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups (roughly) of flour (I sub in 1 cup of Semolina)
Add the water and yeast mixture and mix/knead until you have a nice ball of dough (5 minutes or so).
Cover and give it an hour to rise.

Fresh Basil goes great with pizza.

Some of the toppings - Parsley, Zucchini, tomato sauce

Pizza 1: Salami, Zucchini, Basil, Pizza Sauce and Mozzarella
Pizza 2: 3 cloves Garlic (minced), Olive Oil and Parsley


The finished product.

No comments:

Post a Comment